DONALD L. HARRIS
Mr. Harris has extensive litigation experience, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of matters, including trucking accidents, products liability cases, and commercial and agricultural claims. He also litigates tax disputes at both the state and federal levels, and has represented defendants charged with white collar crimes. Mr. Harris has been involved in multiple bench and jury trials, and has conducted numerous depositions. He has argued before the Idaho Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Ciruit.
In 1976, Mr. Harris began his law practice in Boise, Idaho, with the Idaho Attorney General’s office, and in 1979 was appointed an assistant United States attorney for the District of Idaho. In that capacity, he served as a federal prosecutor and represented the federal government in administrative and civil litigation matters. He prosecuted major crimes, including white collar crimes and tax crimes.
Since 1983 he has been a member of the firm Holden, Kidwell, Hahn & Crapo, PLLC. He has served as a member of the Magistrate’s Commission for the Seventh Judicial District. He has served as the chair of Litigation Section of the Idaho State Bar for three and a half years and completed his ninth year as a member of the Council of the Litigation Section of the Idaho State Bar. He is presently serving as the Vice-President of the Idaho Federal Bar, for those attorneys practicing in Federal Court. He formerly served as the chair of the Board of Directors of the Better Business Bureau for Eastern Idaho and Western Wyoming.
- J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, J.D. 1976
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A. 1973
- General Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Liability Defense
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Tax Controversies
Admissions and Memberships
- Idaho State Bar, 1976
- Idaho Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Idaho
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Tax Court
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Idaho Association of Defense Counsel
- Council Member, Litigation Section, Idaho State Bar (Chair 2002-2005)
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Service Award, Idaho State Bar 2004
- Federal Bar Exemplary Service Award 2011