Mr. Rawlings graduated second in his class from the University of Idaho College of Law, Magna Cum Laude, with a concurrent Master of Accountancy degree in 2014. During law school, he participated twice in the Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court competition – taking second place in the Western Region in 2013 and 2014 (in Las Vegas, Nevada) and qualifying as a semifinalist in 2014 (in New York City). After graduating, Mr. Rawlings served as a law clerk in the District Court for Latah County in Moscow, Idaho, for the Honorable John R. Stegner. Mr. Rawlings joined Holden, Kidwell, Hahn & Crapo, P.L.L.C. in 2015.
Mr. Rawlings was raised in the suburbs north of Seattle and came to Idaho just two weeks after marrying his wife. His studies at the College of Law and the College of Business and Economics revolved around financial concerns, taxes, business, and estates. Mr. Rawlings participated in, and was later the Co-President of, the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (or VITA) and helped numerous low-income taxpayers file their state and federal tax returns. While attending his final year of law school, Mr. Rawlings also worked as a legal intern in the Asotin County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, in Washington, and served as an intern at a private law firm in North Idaho. Mr. Rawlings gained experience drafting contracts, operating agreements, real estate transactions, complaints, motions, and wills – as well as winning his first jury trial.
In his spare time, Mr. Rawlings enjoys being with his wife and family, reading, watching soccer, hiking, playing board games, and enjoying the water.
- University of Washington, B.A.: International Relations - Europe, 2009
- University of Idaho, M.Acct., 2014
- University of Idaho, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2014
- Languages: German, Danish
- Idaho State Bar
- United States District Court, District of Idaho
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Idaho State Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar Litigation Section At Large Council Member, 2017-present
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Litigation Specialty Group