Mr. Cornelison brings a blend of business and legal experience to our firm. His ten years of legal experience ranges from advising startups to taking companies through complex Chapter 11 restructurings. His business experience consists of three and a half years providing management consulting services to Fortune 50 companies. Mr. Cornelison has presented at legal conferences, co-taught a business law class at BYU, and co-authored the legal handbook on real estate for real estate brokers in Idaho.
Mr. Cornelison grew up on a dairy farm in Southeastern Idaho where he experienced firsthand the opportunities and challenges of small business and agriculture. He spent two (2) years living in Bogota, Colombia and remains fluent in Spanish. He graduated law school from the University of Idaho and returned to Southeastern Idaho to practice law, where he served as the Civil Deputy Prosecutor for Bingham County for nearly six years and operated his own civil practice.
In 2016, Mr. Cornelison then completed an MBA at BYU, Marriott School of Management, focusing on strategy and entrepreneurship, and then subsequently worked in Dallas, Texas, for international consulting firm Pricewaterhouse Coopers, advising some of the largest companies in the world.
After moving back to Southeast Idaho, Mr. Cornelison has combined his legal and business experience to assist companies in successfully restructuring their business under the protection of a Chapter 11. He has also worked with agriculture clients under Chapter 12 and individuals under Chapters 7 and 13 bankruptcy.
Mr. Cornelison is the father of a young daughter whom he adores. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with her skiing, mountain biking, cycling, flying and nearly anything outdoors. He and his daughter have competed in several bike races and look forward to more.
- Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Management, MBA, Entrepreneurship and Strategy Emphasis, 2016
- University of Idaho, College of Law, J.D., 2007
- Utah State University, B.S. International Sudies and Spanish, Cum Laude, 2003
- Idaho State Bar, 2007
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho, 2007
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Idaho, 2007
- Idaho State Courts, 2007
- Utah State Bar, 2015 (inactive status)
- Texas State Bar, 2016 (inactive status)
- Idaho State Bar Business & Corporate Law Section
- Idaho State Bar Commercial & Bankruptcy Section
- Idaho State Ag Law Section