Penelope (Penny) North Shaul joined the firm in February 2021. Ms. Shaul has resided in Idaho Falls since 1994, when she began her career as a deputy prosecuting attorney. She has gained significant court and jury trial experience over the years as a deputy prosecuting attorney for Bonneville, Fremont, and Jefferson Counties and as a Special Assistant United States Attorney with the Pocatello, Idaho office.
In addition to her criminal law practice, which includes defense of misdemeanor and felony charges, Ms. Shaul has handled a broad range of civil matters, which include guardianships, adoptions, construction disputes, real property, divorce, and custody modification actions. She is an experienced mediator in family law and other disputes and enjoys providing clients with this valuable service.
In her free time, Ms. Shaul enjoys outdoor activities such as boating, hiking, and cross-country skiing with her husband and daughters, as well as gardening.
- University of Idaho, B.A.: English, 1991
- University of Idaho, J.D., 1994
- Idaho State Bar
- Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Domestic Violence Intervention Center, Public Policy and Leadership Award, 2001
- Denise Day-O'Donnell Pro Bono Award for the 7th Judicial District, 2006
- Ms. Shaul volunteers as a pro bono attorney for the CASA program, representing abused or neglected children in court. In addition, she volunteers weekly as a delivery driver for Meals-on-Wheels in Idaho Falls, Idaho.